Saturday, October 24, 2009

"Happy Birthday."


I hid, tonight.
When I came back from the bar, I hid behind the garage.
I didn't want you to see me like that.
I didn't want to stink and be drunk and to have you think that I am as much of a loveless waste; the way I see myself.
I hid the way I hide from everything, afraid to take account; afraid to take responsibility.

My younger brother, I dream good things for you.
Learn from my mistakes; tragedies.

I wish I wasn't a broken man for your birthday, Bruno, but I am.


But you'll be better stronger and faster.
You'll be a billion-times the man I am.

You already are.

Happy Birthday, young brother.
Happy 12th Birthday, Bruno.

-Sid
xoxoxoxox

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It takes balls to admit your fears out loud. It doesn't matter what you've done in the past - what you've done for your brother here is manly. He's lucky to have a brother as honest as you. Regrets get us nowhere. Look forward Sid.

Anonymous said...

No child will grow proud to call you da