Friday, September 18, 2009

A comatose person cannot be awakened, fails to respond normally to pain or light, does not have sleep-wake cycles, and does not take voluntary actions

I think I have been sleeping. Maybe for a long time, even. I have no recollection as to how I came to be asleep, but I have awoken from this foggy prison, once for certain. Other than that time, though, it seems like twice, maybe more, I don't know.

But once for certain.

The light hit me first and the mountains levelled. My vision was lucid and I felt everything.

The flat-land felt good. I was waking up.

When she first touched my face, that nurse, that line-angel, she brought me to.

She bade me wash the sleep from my eyes and see. The river was cold and I just smoked.

And that's when I knew I was awake that one time. Once.

She spoke to me of lines and showed me love.

A line. The line.

I remember kissing her and now the fog begins to set and I just wanted to tell you once before it settles on my soul that I can't remember how long I have been asleep but I remember, oh god do I remember, that one time when I was certain that I was a-fucking-wake, certain that I had left the coma.

But it comes, the sleep. Again.

I'll dream of my lover, then, my nurse with the supreme line.

-Sid
xoxoxoxo






No comments: